Monday, November 21, 2011

The things that truly matter....

And yet again, I manage to fall behind on my blogging. Sorry to those of you that are recently new readers and actually tell me you enjoy this (*cough*Dani!!) Its been kinda crazy in my life recently! I have so many things that I want/need to blog about, I'm not even sure where to start....Yet, I always say I don't know where to begin or what to say, and some how I find myself not knowing where to stop....hmm...
Well, just this past Friday, I got to see one of my closest friends, Sara, aka my whiskey sister!!
She is living in California right now because that is where her boyfriend is stationed in the military. I miss her like crazy. We met up at school and she basically became my other half up there. We are both loud. Very loud. We both don't care what other people think of us because we are loud. We both usually have the same problems at the same time. And we both love whiskey, hence the name 'whiskey sister'. I love her with all my heart. I got to catch her up on my insane life the past few months. But seriously, it was a much needed visit!! I am very jealous she was able to head back to warmer weather, and I got to stay for the first snow fall of the season.

In our top hats we wore for a bachelorette party!
Saturday was also a busy night for me! I had another close friend of mine, Abbey, turn 24 that day! We decided we were sick of being cooped up in the house all day because of the snow so we went and closed down Tanners! hehe It was a lot of fun and it was a MUCH needed night out of the house! I was beyond exhausted on Sunday after such a long week. So after I met up with Abbey and another friend of ours for lunch, I let myself have a lazy day on Sunday which was perfect! I got to catch up on some things for work this week, which is a short week for me! Only by one day, BUT, I'll take what I can get!
And we all know that Turkey day is this week! I am very excited to be with my family Thursday because no matter what I am going through in my life, they always seem to make things a little better. A few of them won't be there this year which will be weird. I have a cousin studying abroad in Ireland this semester. Her family and one of our aunts went out to visit her, so it is going to be a weird day. But either way, I am looking forward to seeing everyone else!! I can't believe its already holiday season! Where did this year go to?!
It was a year filled with ups, downs, laughs, tears, smiles and many memories made and honestly, I wouldn't change any of it. I learned a lot about myself and who I really am as a person. I wish I would have learned some of those lessons in other ways, but I have always and will always believe that everything happens for a reason. We go through things in life to make us who we are on the other side of that event. I could have chosen to be someone entirely different than I am right now, but I know it wouldn't have been beneficial to me. I am still working on growing as a person. Still working on letting some things go. Still working on doing what is best for me. Still working on many things. But as long as I keep the important things in my vision, I know I'll be just fine =) My family and my friends are what keep me sane and they are the important things in my life. Without them, who knows who, or where I'd be today. Count your blessings every chance you get! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment